The Official Blog for the Aaron and Marci Babcock Family.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!

So after being in Jessica Madsen's house last week (my cute little neighbor), I decided that I am NOT a fun mom. She was all decorated for v-day as she does for every holiday and I started thinking that I really only decorate for Christmas. What a boring mom I am. So with my new goal of being fun and making good and happy memories for my kids, I attempted to make a memory or possibly a tradition of some kind. So I spent a few hours cutting out hearts and making signs. This was my finished product. After they fell asleep I decorated their bedroom doors.





The only response I got was from Morgan who asked, " mom, who gave me a balloon?" Well I guess I have a whole year to think of something else to do that might work better.

9 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

What a cute mom you are Marci! I'm not sure if decorating for every holiday is necessarily a good thing - but one more thing to add to my list of OCD's! :) I think the kids' doors look darling! And they will remember . . . if you don't do it next year, they'll ask you why!

Amy Jones said...

Hey...you did good, cool mom. I'm impressed. I bet your kids just LOVED it. :)

Happy V-day to you.

Lynne said...

I think the doors are cute - my kids probably wouldn't even ask about the balloon...they only notice chocolate. :-)

The Lower Family said...

I have to say that I feel the same way. I am a really boring mom. At least you made the effort...that is more than I can say. I guess you didn't get me thank you card for the gift? I don't know what happened with that but I did get your package! I love the little sun dress! Little girls are so fun to dress! We so need to get togther.

lindsee said...

I think you did a great job. I bet the kids loves it!

Jason and Kristin said...

We are more St. Patrick's day people. There are no expectations so whatever you do is appreciated. I think the doors looked great and the cookies you made tasted yummy (I stole Graham's).

tiff said...

Now you are making me look bad. I didn't do anything for anyone. Thank heavens Todd is more on the ball and bought some candy for the kids.

Stacey said...

Valentine's Day isn't for the kids, it's for the couples. Just kidding, I'm just making up excuses because I'm a boring mom too. Now I'll have to be cute for St. Patrick's Day to make up for my boringness.

Pistolmom said...

Please share these blogs with everyone, especially our men!

www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com

www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com