The Official Blog for the Aaron and Marci Babcock Family.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Marci vs the car wash

So I went to wash my dirty van today in one of those "put your coins in the slot, pull forward and then park" car washes. Well I pull forward until it tells me to stop. So I then put it in park and the machine starts with the soap coming toward me. At the point of impact I didn't understand what had happened (seconds ya know, it all happened in seconds). I put my car in reverse after screaming out a little panic. (I felt trapped with the garage door down, I was going to die, to be smashed to death in soapy water.)

At that point a very loud buzzer went off and the garage door opened up. I was not about to stay in there. I pulled out of the car wash after going over the guide rails that your tire is to go in. I then jumped out and viewed the damage. CRAP! Aaron is going to kill me.

Apparently upon entering the wash my tire some how missed the guide channel bar thingy and I was on the inside of it, therefore it hit me. Now on my behalf, it told me to pull forward and stop just like it should if it was working properly, so I am thinking everything is all right. It should have let me know that my tire was in the wrong spot!

Needless to say, I got back in the car, drove home in a dirty van with soap suds running down my windshield. I want my $5!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Steven Says: I think the car wash let you know that you were not in the guard thingy when it hit your car. lol
claim it on your insurance. It will fall under comprenhensive which won't raise your rates. You'll have to pay your deductible though. Sorry it happened, that sucks. If you have any questions call me. I worked these types of claims in my past life. :-)

Stacey said...

That really stinks. Of coures it has to happen once you get a new van.

Lindsay said...

That does stink. i hope they compensate you!

Jodi said...

Bummer...and it's your NEW car! So sad!

Anonymous said...

aww. dang! Marci, I TOLD you to stop smashing your car into things!

Erin said...

I can't believe that! I have never had that happen and I go through all the time. Watch...now it will.

Good luck! Hope that you can get it fixed soon. Did Aaron kill you?

Teri said...

I think it's the car washes fault. Thats my vote. If your in the care how are you supposed to know if your tire is in the right little rail thingy. Dumb car wash!

Jason and Kristin said...

That is HORRIBLE. I'm so sad for your van. I could totally see myself doing the same thing and the claustrophobic feeling probably didn't help. Poor Marci.

Lindsee said...

Marci,
I hope you get this, Its me Lindsee in Arkansas. we just started this blog thing so hopefully we can keep in touch.
lindsee

http://shippnet.blogspot.com

The Brown 6 Pak said...

I totally feel for you. There is nothing more I hate than having something happen to you when it probably could have been avoided. I think my life is filled with those kind of moments. So do you think you will get it fixed?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!