The Official Blog for the Aaron and Marci Babcock Family.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

Thanksgiving was very nice this year. The food was awsome and the company was great. We were at my mom and dads in Lindon for the day. Now the poor overlooked holiday is finally passed and the maddness of Christmas is in FULL swing!


Yes, this year I joined the crazies! This is Walmart at 4:30 am the morning after. Amy Jones and I decided we wanted those $30 Leapsters. So I was standing 3 feet away from the display when the time came for a mad dash......I got NOTHING!! I could hear Amy in the background yelling "go Marci go!" but in a 10 second blurr they were GONE! We could not believe it. To make a long story short....I will NEVER do that Walmart maddess again. Not worth it. We did however end up going over to Kholes who also had them but not as good of a deal, and got our Leapsters there.
They say that doing this once a year is not that bad, but it really is.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad! Sorry Marnie! I had a few friends experience the same thing where getting up and waiting in line did them no good. I slept in. :)

Lynne said...

That IS crazy. I hate black friday and never bother getting up after I did it one year in Provo and had a similar experience. Bah humbug!

Autumn said...

Black Friday shopping is a sister in law tradition in our family but this year I slept in...nothing I couldn't live without. Seeing your pictures made me really miss the madness! :)

Holly said...

I second the never going to walmart again! Once was enough, but breakfast was fun :)

Jodi said...

That's too bad - I wish I would have known you wanted one - I was at Walmart in Orem at 4:30 and was able to grab a leapster for my sister-in-law. I could have grabbed another one!

Chelsea said...

I don't like the madness either. I actually don't leave the house on black friday......People get killed at Wal-mart, ya know?
I got our leapster on e-bay and paid almost nothing with games. Look there.

Teri said...

You go girl! You got up early and gave it a good effort. Sorry you didn't get one for the super great deal. I try to avoid the stores on black Friday. I did this year and went out on Sat. evening all by myself. It was nice.

Mandi said...

pictures do this day no justice!! I didn't need much this year, but still went, it is tradition ya know. It was still fun, but I am still trying to recooperate my sleep is totally OFF!

Anonymous said...

i can't believe that you braved the craziness! so what did you get me for christams?lol

Erin said...

My sister in laws go ever year, I went one year like 6-7 years ago and was like okay never again!

So are you avoiding me? Well call me sometime stranger =)