The Official Blog for the Aaron and Marci Babcock Family.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy trails to Roger....

So we have this fish that Anson got when he was 3 from potty training. It has sit on my kitchen counter ever sense. The "coolness" wore off pretty fast and of course I clean it and feed it. Well, I haven't taken care of it very well cause I wanted him gone! (is that bad?)

I noticed one day that Roger had a growth off of his eye. I told the kids that Roger was sick and will probably die soon. He really did look like he was in bad shape. So I waited until they were gone one day and gave poor Roger a flush. They were a bit surprised when I told them that Roger had finally passed on. Anson had no problem except now he wants a new fish. Morgan, on the other had didn't understand that Roger was gone. She thought he was still hanging out in the toilet and now will not pee in the toilet cause she is scared of Roger, and doesn't want to "pee in his mouth". I tried to explain "that all water leads to the ocean." That did help her a bit.

She'll be OK.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Thanks for the laugh...Fish Killer!!!! :) p.s. tell Morgan that Roger is happy as can be swimming around in the ocean with Easton's frogs his Mommy flushed down the potty!

Jodi said...

Funny Marci - but really...what kind of a mother are you?!? Kidding! We have flushed so many fish and frogs! I finally put my foot down and said "NO MORE PETS" and that was final...until we got a cat!

Anonymous said...

awww. poor kids. At least it wasnt a gerbil you flushed down the toilet, right?

Chelsea said...

HA! HA! She doesn't want to pee in his mouth! That is so funny!! Thanks for the laugh.